Are you a skilled Senior Back End Developer? Do you want to work for a highly reputable finance organisation in the beautiful surroundings of Great Ouseburn? Then this is the role for you!
An exciting, new opportunity has arisen for a Senior PHP developer to join our growing client on the outskirts of York / Harrogate.
The successful applicant will have commercial experience designing and building object-oriented, MVC PHP applications from scratch. You will be confident with each layer of the LAMP stack and will have real-world experience with a version control system such as Git or Mercurial.
You will be comfortable working in a team, updating others on your work and managing your time effectively to deliver projects to schedule.
Duties include, but not be limited to:
· Programming of new features and/or services required by the business.
· Development of unit tests to ensure optimal code coverage.
· Debugging and resolving any bugs/defects that are reported.
· Analysing work requests, estimating and planning for implementation.
· Designing and maintaining the Database systems and related data.
· Monitor and review server/application performance and ensure working optimally.
· Ensuring all automated tests are running and reporting as expected.
· Lead the project/feature life cycle from initial idea to implementation and support.
· Review team members code.
· Create and maintain technical diagrams and supporting information.
· Supporting members of the team.
· Training and knowledge transfer to the team.
· Create and maintain deployment scripts.
· Create and maintain server provisioning code.
· Leading team to ensure standards and processes are met and followed.
· Working with IT and Marketing departments.
· As a first line of defence taking responsibility for identifying and assessing compliance and operational risks together with delivering mitigating controls.
The successful candidate for the role must have the following skills and experience:
· Solid web development experience in a commercial environment.
· Solid understanding of MVC and OO PHP development.
· Experience with PHP frameworks; preferable Symfony 3 & 4, Laravel
· Commercial experience with version control in a team environment
· Ability to approach existing code, grasp its purpose and make changes confidently and safely
· Experience commenting code and writing documentation where appropriate
· Experience with writing application unit & integration tests
· Knowledge of coding standards and their application
· Understanding of MySQL and relational database design
· Experience with LAMP stack architecture, particularly in a cloud environment
· Experience with Docker & Ansible
· Continuous deployment
· Mentoring a team
Fantastic salary of up to £45,000 DOE, wonderful benefits such as up to 33 days holiday, flexible hours and opportunities to grow with an expanding organisation!
Interested? Contact Tom at Oliver Shalvey today to discuss further on 01423 798 280