Are you a skilled Back End Developer? Do you have excellent knowledge in Object Oriented programming and MVC and Solid experience with PHP, MySQL? A working knowledge of source control, deployment process and dev-ops? Do you want to work for a fantastic, award winning, full service marketing agency? Then this is the role for you!
Our client a fast paced, growing company, is looking for an enthusiastic Backend Developer to join their team and assist with producing fantastic websites for their clients.
They’re seeking talented and self motivated Backend Developer to join a busy and dynamic development team, creating and implementing bespoke extensions/solutions and working alongside the frontend team to implement functionality required for eCommerce solutions built on Magento.
You will work alongside other frontend and backend developers to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Writing backend code inline with best practices on the Magento 1 and Magento 2 platform. Ensuring that code is written to a high quality standard, self-tested and communicating openly with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency – assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency, ensuring that all deadlines on the project plan are met and that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards.
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
- Architect and implement extensions and other bespoke requirements to the highest standard
- Take and understand direction from others
- Present, explain and justify implementation of client solutions
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team
- Maintaining a full understanding of company processes, policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and ensuring these are consistently followed.
Experience with these additional tools would be advantageous;
- Prior experience with Magento 1 & Magento 2
- Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io and other debugging tools
- Experience with React.js & Redux.js
- Experience with GraphQL & RabbitMQ
- Magento Developer Certification
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
Employee well-being is high on their agenda and pride themselves on the range of benefits provided to ensure satisfaction.
They also offer Company Pension Scheme, private health plan, a performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements.
To keep those creative juices flowing we provide free fruit and refreshments and always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
They’re social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to. Not only that, it’s more than just a work thing, you’ll often find their employees out and about together, with many making great friends in their colleagues.
Interested to hear more? Call Tom at Oliver Shalvey today on 01423 798 280